11 July 2011

Music Monday

Oceansize.


This is a five piece band from Manchester whose music I only recently discovered, and absolutely enjoy. However, upon opening their webpage, I find that they have split up as of February this year. I’m bleak about it, but that doesn’t stop me from listening to what they have already produced.

I’ve been hooked on Effloresce, their first full album. My ears cannot help but devour every morsel. The instrumentals are interesting and emotional, and tie in beautifully with the vocals, of Mike Vennart, that are smooth and passionate, with a bit of that grungy tone that I love.



Their second album, Everyone into Position, seems to be more focused on instrumental experimentation; on most of the songs. Although I need to sit with it a bit more, I really appreciate what I’ve heard so far.

There’s nothing like music that makes you feel emotion from your core. This band does that for me, and I will continue to explore the last two albums as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words are welcome ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...